OTL Seat Fillers FAQ
Here's How it Works with OTL Seat Fillers
1. Private Invitations
When a show, event, or activity promoter has unsold seats or opportunities to share, OTL privately posts the information for Seat Fillers.
OTL Seat Fillers make online reservations in the private members-only area - guest(s) included!
3. Pick Up
OTL provides the reservation list to the venue for ticket distribution. Then, Seat Fillers pick their tickets up at the box office right before the event - just like everyone else.
The one difference? OTL Seat Fillers receive FREE tickets!
Seat Fillers FAQ
What is the OTL Seat Fillers Club?
The OTL Seat Fillers Club takes the award shows' seat filling concept and adapts it to local communities to support Arts & Entertainment.
Seat Fillers pay low membership dues for the opportunity to reserve free tickets or other offerings. It's a great way to be introduced to new things to do without worrying about high (or any) ticket prices.
Event promoters and local marketers receive a FREE, PRIVATE, and EASY way to fill seats or attract new patrons, customers, and users for shows, events, activities, and services.
Free local marketing for partners + free tickets and opportunities for members = WIN-WIN!
In a nutshell, how does the OTL Seat Fillers club work?
Members of the OTL Seat Fillers Club pay low monthly dues and then get to take advantage of opportunities as they pop up along the way. There won't always be tickets, as OTL isn't a ticket broker. But it's fun to see what pops up and make reservations without having to consider the cost of admission.
- Interested seat fillers add their name to the waitlist and are sent a registration page when a spot opens
- Seat Filler members log in to the private member area to see what's available (OTL also sends out email notifications)
- To reserve tickets or spots, members click on the event and follow the prompts to get their names on the list
- Confirmation is emailed after each reservation
- Tickets are picked up at the venue right before the show starts - OTL doesn't handle tickets (pick-up information is posted in the member area and included in the email confirmation)
What are a few of the most important things I should know if I'm considering being a seat filler through OTL?
The OTL Seat Fillers Club is a unique and fun membership club that doesn't go over the top with rules, but there are a few.
- OTL members can reserve any of the shows in their area (based on availability) but must attend anything for which they reserve tickets. Seat Fillers receive free tickets in exchange for guaranteeing that those seats will be filled.
- Memberships can be canceled at any time, but dues that have already been paid are non-refundable.
- All members and the OTL team must abide by a "privacy to shows" policy. Seat Fillers can't talk about receiving complimentary tickets from a specific venue or business.
- Above all else, before joining the OTL Seat Fillers Club, soon-to-be-members must understand that it's a "seat fillers" club and not a ticket broker. There are no guarantees regarding the number of events or how often things will be posted. The benefits of OTL participation include the surprise factor, and members NEVER have to pay for individual tickets.
You can also review the complete list of OTL Seat Fillers Club membership rules.
Where are OTL Seat Fillers located?
OTL Seat Fillers have been in the United States and London for more than eight years, and there are three tiers of membership based on location.
- Preferred - the busiest areas - Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Orlando, San Francisco, Seattle, South Florida, and Tampa Bay
- London - "off west end area" shows spread throughout London
- On-Call - other locations in the US that are just getting started, including Charlotte, Nashville, Portland, Raleigh, and St, Louis
What are my OTL Seat Fillers membership options?
There are three primary types of OTL Seat Fillers Club memberships, and each offers "2" and "4" seat plans.
Preferred Seat Fillers can join with a three-month starter membership that converts to lower monthly dues after the three months
There's also a discounted Preferred membership for Seniors, Military, First Responders, Teachers, and Students.
How much are OTL Seat Fillers club dues?
OTL Seat Fillers Membership Club dues depend on the type of membership (preferred, on-call, or London), as well as the two or four-seat option selected. On-call members pay $3.65 or $5.55. London membership dues are £3.65 or £5.55 per month. Preferred (busiest) locations have 3-month starters ranging from $29.99 to $59.99 that auto-renew at a lower monthly rate.
All memberships are "cancel anytime." There's no commitment beyond the dues you've already paid.
You can review all of the options on the OTL Seat Fillers pricing page.
How do OTL Seat Fillers receive their tickets?
All tickets are picked up at the venues (box office or other designated locations).
Just as no money is exchanged between the OTL Seat Fillers Club and its partners, no tickets are exchanged either.
OTL's seat-filling partners distribute their own, so it's a streamlined process.
- Partners offer OTL Seat Fillers a designated number of tickets or opportunities
- OTL then promotes the show, event, or offering to members in the private members-only area.
- Seat Fillers make online reservations, and the final list is sent to the venue.
- OTL Seat Fillers go to the box office will call window (or other designated location) just before showtime to check in or pick up tickets.
Who manages OTL City Guides & Seat Fillers?
OTL City Guides & Seat Fillers is a family and friend-run membership club and service.
The team sounds like it should be more of a sitcom, with an age range of 19 to 77!
You've got Mark, the Grandpa, working with OTL's partners. Lu, the Aunt, builds the sites and oversees the city guides. Kalem, the nephew, is fresh out of school and honing his skills by posting events and taking care of member-only emails. The team also includes Chris and Jeff, longtime family friends, as well as Mary Lou and Joe (Grandma and Uncle).
It's not a business-type of atmosphere. Instead, OTL is a club, and the team loves and believes in the concept - through good times and bad (like COVID-19 shutdowns).
How do event promoters or marketers extend an invitation to OTL Seat Fillers?
We've said it before, but OTL is a PRIVATE, FREE, and EASY way for event promoters and marketers to fill seats, add to the audience, or simply introduce new patrons to their awesome show, event, activity, or service.
Promoters can use the submission form on OTL Seat Fillers or email OTL directly with the number of comps that should be offered to members.
Then, opportunities are posted in the private members-only area where OTL members make online reservations. From there, a list is compiled and emailed to the venue or business. OTL never handles tickets - all tickets are distributed by theatres and venues just before showtime based on the reservation list.
Oh, and OTL never publicizes the names of its awesome events and entertainment partners! We never want to impact regular ticket sales.
What types of seat filling opportunities can be offered to OTL members?
While OTL typically offers the big three: Theatre, Comedy, and Music, members have attended so much more over the years.
Some of the ticketed events have included sporting events, movies, media events, conferences and expos, festivals, dinner shows, classes, book signings, festivals, lectures, book signings, wine tastings, and escape rooms.
But submissions aren't limited to traditional shows or ticketed events anymore. OTL can now offer experiences, services, and activities. Therefore, if there's value and it's something to do, then it's ideal for OTL Seat Fillers. Newer ideas include virtual events and classes, gym memberships, massages, spa services, classes, etc.
How much do event promoters pay for the seat filling service?
The answer is zero. Event promoters and marketers never pay for seat-filling. They do, however, privately provide free tickets or admission to members. OTL has a dedicated event promoter page with more information.
What if I still have other seat filling questions?
No problem. When you've got questions, we've got answers. We suggest you start with the seat fillers blog, as some of the posts will fill in the blanks. Then, if you still need to know more, shoot us an email. We're happy to help!
OTL (aka On the List) supports the Arts and Entertainment communities in the US and London
For Seat Fillers
OTL introduces members to all kinds of fun shows, events, and opportunities. Seat Fillers get to treat guests and get out of the house more without the worry of individual ticket prices. But more than anything, it's just fun to see what pops up!
For Event Promoters
Event promoters and marketing specialists have a free and private way to fill seats or attract new patrons. Plus - OTL isn't limited to traditional shows! Virtual events, fairs and festivals, conferences, movies, golf, classes, anything goes!